One Person (YOU),
Can Make a Difference
BPW London's Speaker Series: 2019 - 2020
Highland Country Club
Speaker Series' Sponsors
RSVP Info Payment & Pre-Payment Options Guarantee Venue Guest Policy Dinner/Event Fees
- September 17, 2019 - Your Voice, Your Vote, Your Influence. Learn how you can navigate the internet and apps to discover candidates who align with your values and concerns. Politicians do pay attention to who votes!
Dinner: "Order-off-the-Menu". Cover Charge - BPW members: $10; non-members: $15. N.B. Dinner orders will only be accepted on September 17, 2019 between 5:45 p.m. and 6:15 p.m. Reminder: BPW London is meeting at a new venue: Highland Country Club. Click here to download the dinner invitation and details. Download Highland Country Club's Menu.
- October 15, 2019 - Your Personal Brand: How Are You Showing Up in the World? Susan Regier, SusanRegier.com, will be the evening's guest speaker. Whether you’re a business owner, sales rep, or team member what you say, what you wear, and the actions you take determine how you show up in the world and the impressions you leave behind. So what’s your story?
As women, we’re often raised to stand amongst the crowd and blend in; stay quiet. But this is your time to shine! Stand out. Be heard. In-person or online, be the influence you want to create in your world.
Dinner: "Order-off-the-Menu". Cover Charge - BPW members: $10; non-members: $15. N.B. Dinner orders will only be accepted on October 15, 2019 between 5:45 p.m. and 6:15 p.m. Reminder: BPW London is meeting at a new venue: Highland Country Club. Click here to download the dinner invitation and details. Download Highland Country Club's Menu.
***October Speaker Series Dinner Sponsor: Goldhar & Associates Ltd. Licensed Insolvency Trustee***
- November 19, 2019 - Who, What and Where? Women's Services in the London Area. Various London organizations will be represented at information booths and will be available to answer questions on what they do and how they can help. Organizations include the following: Anova, Family Service Thames Valley, WIL Employment Connections, Western Women in Leadership (WWIL), Alzheimer Society London and Middlesex, Salvation Army - Centre of Hope and Courage for Freedom.
Dinner: Big Bowl Buffet - build your own meal in a bowl, fill your bowl with your favourite veggies, sauces, chicken and more! Members: $30; non-members $35. Click here to download the dinner invitation and details.
- December 10, 2019 - Holiday Social Fundraiser and Festive Dinner. Silent auction, wine bucket raffle and more. Invite friends, co-workers, significant others! Click here to view photos from the 2018's event. N.B. This event is the second Tuesday in December.
London Basket Brigade: BPW London will be accepting donations to the London's Basket Brigade. Learn more.
- January 21, 2020 - Dress it Forward. ClothingWorks, a Goodwill program, is looking for donations of men’s and women’s interview clothing to help meet the demands of the job seekers that access our services. A Goodwill representative will be joining us to discuss the clothing drive and their clients' needs. Clothing donations will be accepted.
- February 18, 2020 - The Awakening of Women in Financial Markets. Guest speaker: Diane-Laure Arjaliès, Assistant Professor, Managerial Accounting and Control, General Management & Sustainability, Ivey Business School.
The presentation will investigate the increase of non-financial concerns in the financial markets over the past decade. After exploring the reasons for the growing integration of environmental, social and governance criteria into investment management processes, it will reflect on the novel role of women in this endeavour. Not only women tend to be the ones behind such inclusion, but they are also pushing for a novel form of feminist capitalism. Yet such a goal remains hard to achieve.
The evening will also include the Annual BPW International Candle Lighting Ceremony honouring BPW's historical memories, our accomplishments and celebrate today’s achievements.
- March 17, 2020 - Becoming a Mama Warrior. Kim Vander Schelde, Momcologist/Social Work Student, will be speaking about life's challenges and making the choice to use those challenges as teachable moments, using them to grow and better ourselves and how they can inspire us to move mountains.
"Kim Vander Schelde is fighting for the Canadian government to increase the funding towards childhood cancer research. This comes after watching her young child battle cancer, while being treated with adult medication." Reported by Global News.
- April 21, 2020 - Help Me Roar! Hear Me Roar! Kelsy Gill, BPW London Resolutions Chair, will be leading discussions about BPW’s advocacy work. Resolutions and commendations reviewed will be presented at BPW Ontario's Conference that is being hosted by our London club from May 29 - May 31, 2020.
- May 19, 2020 - First Impressions and Lasting Success: Business Etiquette for the 21st Century. How to introduce yourself in 30 seconds or less, how to run a meeting and other information for people to use to advance their business or career.
- June 16, 2020 - Eats and Treats. The BPW London BBQ is back by popular demand with a new chef and new location. Join us at BPW London's Kirsteen McQuade-Crangle's home for a BBQ Social Fundraiser. Save the date! Invite friends, co-workers, significant others!
Return to top