Awareness Starts With Us
BPW London's Speaker Series Dinners: 2018 - 2019
Speaker Series' Sponsors
Two Summer Events
July 17 - My Smartphone: Friend or Foe?
August 21 - Last Days of Summer
Stay tuned for more details on each speaker series dinner!
- September 18, 2018 - If You Only Knew | #KnowHumanTrafficking. Speakers: Kelly Franklin Executive Director, Farmtown Canada/Courage For Freedom and Doris Hall, London Anti-Trafficking Committee.
- October 16, 2018 - The Bare Necessities - Turning Periods Into Pathways | #DaysForGirls. Hana Figueroa of Days For Girls Lakeside Chapala, Mexico will discuss the Days for Girls program which provides reusable menstrual kits to girls who would miss school or work without having any capabilities of managing their periods. "Every Girl. Everywhere. Period."
- November 20, 2018 -#MyActionsMatter | 16 Days of Activism Against Gender-Based Violence. Speaker: Kate Wiggins, Retiring Executive Director of Anova (Women's Community House and Sexual Assault Centre London).
- January 15, 2019 - #SafeCityLDN | Creating Safe and Empowering Places. Safe City London initiative which was created through a worldwide United Nations Women program aimed at enhancing safety for women and girls in public spaces.
- February 19, 2019 - Sunshine Makes Me Happy! Featuring The Sunshine Foundation of Canada and a discussion on national volunteering.
The evening will also include the Annual BPW International Candle Lighting Ceremony honouring BPW's historical memories, our accomplishments and celebrate today’s achievements.
- March 19, 2019 - Define Happiness. Mary Beth Bezzina, BPW London Membership Chair and volunteer with the Rwanda program "Living With Happiness", will discuss her work in the program that assists families coping with the aftermath of genocide and war.
- April 16, 2019 - Help Me Roar. Kelsy Gill, BPW London Resolutions Chair, will facilitate a review and critique of resolutions and commendations developed by Business & Professional Women's clubs across Ontario.
- May 21, 2019 - It All Starts Here! Report card on the new PC Provincial Government, with emphasis on gender wage gap, sex education and women's issues that have been discontinued or changed.
- June 18, 2019 - Come Play in Our Sandbox | #BPWLSummer. Save the date! Stay tuned for details!
Complete Speaker Series Information
Sponsor a Dinner