BPWL Member Testimonials
- I first came to BPW as a newcomer to London, looking to expand my network and become involved in the community. What I found is an amazing group of diverse, supportive, amazing women all looking to make a difference in the lives of other women at local, national and international levels. I look forward to our meetings every month and always leave feeling part of something much bigger. Joined BPWL in 2017.
- What I like about BPW is that it's so much more a networking group. Along with the networking, I have supported advocacy on behalf of women, learned a lot and made friends in my own community, across Canada and internationally. Joined BPWL in 1999.
- BPW has opened the door to numerous opportunities to expand my horizons and grow as a person and a respected leader. It has allowed me to express my concerns for the oppression of women through resolutions and meetings with government. It has expanded my experiences through attending international meetings and participation at the United Nations, Commission on the Status of Women in New York. Most important it has been my vehicle for many lasting friendships. Joined BPWL in 1987.
- BPW has gone beyond my expectations. When I was newcomer to the city and becoming an entrepreneur, I wanted more than a networking group. I wanted to be part of a group of dynamic women that made a difference in the lives of other women. Since joining I have experienced personal growth, business support and friendship. Joined BPWL in 2010.
- I joined BPW London during a work transition time and found encouragement in hearing stories from other women about their employment changes. BPW’s mandate is friendship, growth, encouragement, and assistance – I have found all these from the women I met who are now my friends. Joined BPWL in 2001.
- I belong to several business and networking groups but I particularly enjoy BPW as the members are diverse, approachable and supportive with a common shared interest in women’s issues. Joined BPWL in 2012.
- As a small business owner working from home, I have enjoyed the social aspect of BPW. I have learned new skills through interactions with other BPW members. BPW has also opened my eyes to the importance of advocacy for women. I have made long lasting friendships and business connections. Joined BPWL in 2009.