United Nations & the Commission on the Status of Women - Agreed Conclusions and Resolutions
In February 2008, BPW Canada (and clubs across the world) sent a delegation to the United Nations for the meetings on the Commission on the Status of Women (52nd session).
Below are advanced unedited versions of the 2008 Agreed Conclusions and Resolutions that were developed during these meetings.
- Agreed Conclusions: Financing for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women
- Release of Women and Children Taken Hostage, including those subsequently imprisoned, in armed conflicts
- Ending Female Genital Mutilation
- Situation of and Assistance to Palestinian Women
- Strengthening of the International Research and Training Institute for the Advancement of Women
- Women, the girl child and HIV/AIDS