Resolutions: Giving Women the Power of Voice
"Through our collective energy, well researched, written and presented resolutions can bring us closer to equality for women."
Resolutions are the foundation of BPW. They help to increase our awareness and understanding of issues affecting women at a local, provincial, national and international scale. Ontario resolutions can be searched via the BPW Ontario Resolution Database and National resolutions via the BPW Canada Resolution Database.
Resolutions are used to make a positive change by engaging decision-makers in dialogue to shape legislation and make process and policy changes that can improve the social, economic, political and employment status for women.
This dialogue is often initiated when a brief is compiled outlining the issues that have been debated and approved by the membership at either the annual Provincial Conference or National AGM /Convention.
Members occasionally approve Commendations for individuals and/or organizations that support our mission and mandate and work to help move our agenda forward. Commendations can be presented by all levels of BPW.
- Recognizing Heart Disease in Women - 2020
- Research Grants for Women and Heart Disease (Reaffirming 1994 Resolution) - 2020
- Ease of Access and Viewing of Online Violent and Degrading Sexually Explicit Material - 2018
- Impact of CRA RRSP requirements on Women working beyond 71 Years of Age - 2017
- Domestic Treatment Courts for Men who abuse Women - 2017
- Elimination of Prostitution - 2014
- Dealing with Culture-Based Abuse of Women - 2012
- Combatting Human Trafficking in Canada - 2010
- Sisters in Spirit, Native Women's Association in Canada - 2010
- Human Trafficking - 2006
- Recruitment of Foreign Nurses - 2005
- Purification and Protection of Drinking Water - 2005
- Public Health Screening - 2004
- Exploitation of Young Females in the Sex Trade Industry - 2000
View London's and other BPW Canada clubs' National Resolutions, click here.
BPW London's Provincial Resolutions
- Promoting Education on Heart Disease in Women - 2020
- Elder Abuse and Violence in Long-Term Care Facilities - 2019
- Providing Education to Youth, Parents and Caregivers of Students about Human Trafficking - 2019
- Providing Housing to Under 18 Years of Age Victims of Human Trafficking - 2019
- Resident-to-Resident Abuse and Its Impact on Women Living in Long-term Care Facilities - 2018
- Funding for Community Services to Support Sentencing Options for Men Convicted of Domestic Abuse - 2017
- Options to Facilitate Education for Single Mothers - 2013
- Moving Working Poor Women Out of Poverty - 2012
- Combating Human trafficking - 2010
- Ministry of Education - Gender Studies Curriculum - 2010
- Child Sex Tourism - 2008
- Human Rights Bill 107 Structure, Accessibility and Support - 2008
- Long Term Care Facility Funding - 2006
- Ontario Arbitration Act - 2005
- Purification and Protection of Drinking Water - 2004
- Community Care Access Centres – 2002
- Exploitation of Women and Children in the Sex Trade Industry - 2000
- Second Stage Housing – 2000
- Sexual Harassment-1999
- Female Offenders – 1998
- Breast Cancer Research Organizations – 1997
- Dangerous Offenders – 1997
- Sexual Harassment - 1997
- Elections Ontario Elections Finances Act - 1993
- Amendment to the Occupational Health and Safety Act - Pregnant Workers 1997
- Extension of Franchise Residence Requirements to Vote - 1957
View London's and other BPW Ontario clubs' Provincial Resolutions, click here.